Alex Mead, IT Technician, Finance Department
- Began career with Black Oak Casino Resort in 2006 as a Utility Worker.
- Worked his way up to a cook position before becoming an IT Technician in 2015.
- IT has been his long-time goal and where his passion lies.
“Whenever I wanted to learn or try something new, I always found someone to guide me. Whether it was teaching me a new skill or informing me of what steps I needed to take to achieve my goals, there was always someone there supporting me."
Carlos Landaverde, Chef De Cuisine, Hospitality Department
- Began career with Black Oak Casino Resort in 2005 as an entry-level cook.
- Worked his way up to a lead cook and Hospitality Supervisor before becoming a Chef De Cuisine in our Mill restaurant.
“Black Oak Casino Resort offers team members the opportunity to explore and job shadow their dream jobs and find their fit. I have achieved my goals here and I have learned that if you want it you have to work hard and smart.”
Danielle Chapel, Slot Manager, Gaming Department
- Began career with Black Oak Casino Resort in 2001 as a Change Person in Slots.
- Worked as a Slot Representative, Slot Shift Supervisor and Lead Slot Shift Supervisor
- She was promoted to her current position of Slot Manager in 2015.
“Take advantage of every resource you have and aspire to learn everything you can about the position. Be willing to dedicate some of your free time to reaching your goal."
Daniel Harner, Public Safety Supervisor, Support Services Department
- Began career with Black Oak Casino Resort after being recruited as a Parking Attendant for his outstanding Guest Service skills in 2004.
- Daniel went on to work as a Public Safety Officer and completed an in-house EMR certification training becoming a First Responder.
- He went on to work as a Tribal Security Officer and Field Training Officer before being promoted to Public Safety Supervisor in 2011.
“Black Oak Casino Resort has helped put me on a path with achievable goals. They also provided me the necessary skills to not only see my direction in life, but gave me the tools to get to the destination.”